Sunday, January 29, 2012

Grade Report

Dear Winter,

I have been waiting.  Where the heck are you? 


Oh, I know you blustered three teeny little "winter mixes," but surely you know that an hors d'oeuvre does not substitute for the entree.  What about the knee-deep snow and blue shadows?  The low temperatures and ice?


You've been generous with rain and fog, but seriously, spring brings those as well.


Is this it?  The end of the no-show season?  You sure as heck better show up next year, or I'm not even bringing out the wool!

I am sorry to report that you have earned an F for lack of effort.

Sincerely,
Robley

1 comment:

Joni said...

I'm trying to remember a time when we went this long without any snow or ice and then had some late in the season, and I can't! Love those blues and yellows in the pictures!