Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hello, Spring?

Hello Spring,

Isn't it a little early for you?  Did you not sleep well?  Or long enough?


Don't you know that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow at Gobbler's Knob this morning?  He has predicted that six more weeks of winter await us.  Maybe you haven't seen the news today because you already got up and at 'em a couple of weeks ago.
But why?


I don't mean to be rude, but really . . . couldn't you wait just a little longer? What's the hurry? Daffodils, snowdrops, crocus, iris, quince.  What's next?  

Here's what worries me: your brother Winter just might not be done with his waking time.  He might return in a rage because you usurped his place.  And then what!  He just might bite the flowers that haven't bloomed yet like he did the day after my azaleas opened a couple of years ago.  And then I'll be raging, too!


Oh, Spring, I do love your warm sun and tiny blooms, but I worry nevertheless.

With most sincere regards,
Robley

No comments: