Friday, December 6, 2013

Another Kindle Post

Almost a year in, and 40 books down, one underway and others lined up.

Mojo magic!

One thing I have come to love about this electronic book device is the ease with which I can browse the bookstore. Admittedly, it's only one bookstore -- Amazon -- but there's plenty to tantalize. If I read a review, or hear a friend mention a book, or see one pop up as a recommendation and I think I'm interested, I download the sample. Especially now that the college bookstore has become even less about books than before, I appreciate sampling.

On the screen today? A sample from The Story of Charlotte's Web, a story whose outlines I already know, but about the process of a writer whose work never grows tiresome.

Why knows? Maybe if I get some Christmas gift certificates at my Kindle store, I shall be reading the whole thing in just a few weeks. Wouldn't that be lovely?

No comments: