Saturday, April 11, 2015

Call in the Help

I
My first 2015 Common Baskettail disaster-in-the-making. As I told my friend C while strolling around the lake, Baskettails experience more emergence failures (I don't know why) that any other Odonate I see.

Witness.

I apologize for the orientation.
I cannot figure out how to re-orient the video, alas.

There was nothing I could do. Nothing. I hope someone will have eaten him by tomorrow morning.

II
My friend J had a hip replaced, so my small contribution consists of kitty litter pan duty (and a clean sweep of the porch while I'm at it). She loves cats as much as I (and has more than twice my number), so it's no big deal. 

"How can I repay you?" she asked.

"Don't worry about it. I'll need help some day," I said.

III
I just hope it won't be as awful as what the Baskettail suffered today.

No comments: