Sunday, April 30, 2017

Collecting Pictures

Lately, my elderly has been sleeping when I stop to visit. Today, one of her caretakers invited me in because she wanted to chat with me about what might come next.

Suddenly, we heard her name.

"There she goes!" the caretaker said and headed down the hall.

In a minute, she came back in and said, "Chocolate ice cream! Go on in."

So I did.

"Whatcha got?" my friend asked.

I showed her irises, a wildflower close-up, Gracie, and another friend's cute dog.

Taking a long time to study each picture, she finished her ice cream and ordered more.

Then she asked, "Are you still walking the dog?" as she always does.

And after I answered, she asked, "How's J?" as she always does.

And after I answered, she asked, "What does she do?" as she always does.

And after I answered, she asked, "Does she still have a loom?" as she always does

And after I answered, she asked, "Why did she move here?" as she always does.

And after I answered, the caretaker returned with more ice cream.

Seeing my camera, my friend said, "Go on wherever you're going!"

"I'll see you some more," I said, but as I stepped out of her bedroom, she called "Robley!"

I turned back and in. "Yes?"

And suddenly she was laughing and stared out at the window and then at me and said, "I forget!"

Tomorrow I am going to show her more irises and this, and we'll have the same conversation all over again.


No comments: