Friday, July 25, 2008

Basil

I had two pleasant surprises today, both involving Trink, who had a stroke almost two weeks ago.

First, Boo called to tell me about her visit with Trink yesterday in Nashville. Although she is paralyzed on the left side and must be reminded to swallow, Trink is "there": she has her sense of humor and quick mind. Her daughter has suggested that visits be limited for now,
so I am delaying seeing her.

Second, Trink's daughter Gabrielle spoke with me early this afternoon and suggested that I walk through the house once a week to make sure nothing is broken or otherwise amiss. When I went over, she also gave me these pots of basil. Yum.
Now I must figure out where to put them. After some research about deer and basil on the Internet, I have discovered this: some claim deer eat it and some claim they don't. I think I'll pot some on the deck and plant some in the front garden which, because of the mint, the deer have left alone -- for now. We shall see.

No comments: