Saturday, December 13, 2008

Creative Energy

Yesterday, I spent all morning and early afternoon with Greg, a new friend and photographer. We talked about faith and feminism, art and creativity, old lives and new beginnings.

Curiously, his enjoyable visit provided the exact spark I needed to complete my annual Christmas book for "The Greats" -- three great-nieces and one great-nephew. (Purists might insist on saying grand-niece and so on, but grand sounds presumptuous and great is what each child is.)

Yesterday, I worked from 1 pm till 7:15 pm, when my friend Boo and I watched a movie. Home again, I continued working from about 10:30 pm to 1:00 am. Today, I worked from 9 am to 7 pm. Some of the evidence of my efforts flow over the lip of my study trash bin. I like seeing the evidence from the corner of my eye, and I like the slight ache in my hands and back.
These little signs point to the creative energy I embrace.

No comments: