Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wildflowers

I have lately fallen in love with flower photography, something I enjoyed as a young person with my first (second and third) camera. Perhaps because I have time for the first time in years at the right time, I am preoccupied with things blooming around me.
Violet and Spring Beauties























Tuesday, my friend Greg and I walked into Shakerag Hollow, where I had walked with Dead Plants members Thursday before. Flowers and leaves are popping up everywhere. After shooting them, I have decided to learn what they are, so this morning at Dead Plants, I looked at a Tennessee wildflower book. I think I can now name things I photographed.
Dutchman's Breeches











Hepatica and Trout Lily











Not only am I learning to use my camera, but I'm learning to use my brain as well as my eyes. It's lovely.

No comments: