Friday, May 7, 2010

The Bubbler

A Sewanee junior wandered into the shop today, saying "I had to look around to see what kind of place has bubbles outside."

Finished with his looking, he went down the steps, out the door, and then re-entered with this question, "Do you have to pay 4.99 to play with the bubbles?"

"No," I assured him. "You can play with the bubbles for free. The wand is 4.99."

"Oh! Great!" he said.

Then he started bubbling and kept it up for well over an hour and a half. He, Marianne the gardener, and I talked about flowers and trees (he's a forestry major), and he greeted customers and strangers on the street. He kept up a running monologue of joy, and I loved having him share part of my day.

To the champion Bubbler of Sewanee, I say "Bravo!" and "Hoorah!"

1 comment:

GBA said...

This is so much fun Robley.