Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Missed Opportunities

Two years ago, I could not, no matter what I did, take a decent photo of a Lancet Clubtail on a multiflora rose blossom. Early morning, shade, pale flower -- I could pretend these were the problems. But. The problem was me. I didn't really know how to use the camera.


I still think of it as the one that got away.

Well, here's another. A luna moth on the edge of the woods by the path where humans and dogs walk (two and one walked right by me and exhibited no curiosity whatsoever about why I was stretched on the wet leaves). The moth was going nowhere, and neither was I. So I tried every setting I could figure out on the fly on the new-old camera. And missed shot after shot after shot. Pathetic. No one's fault, but my own.


I will always know this was the other one that got away.

Time to start reading the dadgum manunal.

No comments: