Sunday, July 6, 2014

Felt Sense

1.
Yesterday, a friend said, "I have burned many careers over a lifetime. Many careers." "Yes, me too," I said. We have the same reason: boredom. Learn something, master it, move on. "Yes, that's it," she said. "Exactly."

2.
Today, a friend asked me about dragonflies and damselflies. What is it about them that attracts you he wondered. "Aside from beauty, when I walk and snap and look, my mind shifts. It's like meditating.  I let go of all the stuff that usually preoccupies me, the worries." "Yes," he said, "that's like running for me. It's not about the breathing or pace or legs any more. I look around and I lose myself." "Yes, exactly," I said.

And it is.

3.
Who could look at a male Swift Setwing on C's horse pasture fence and think anything other than Wow?




4.
I'm not bored yet.

No comments: