Thursday, September 18, 2014

Happy Accidents, Part 4

(Please note: For parts 1, 2, and 3, please follow the linked numbers.)

Just as I leaned in to snap a few photos of the beautiful yellow-green grasshopper (my favorite variety), James called from the opposite bank, "Love your wildflowers, Robley!"

"Me, too! Just love the College's new grounds manager!"

The flowers and stems set off the hopper to its best advantage, especially as it held its face up to the maroon and lime blossom cups.


But it was only after downloading and looking at the snaps on my computer screen that I realized an equally complementary and colorful creature lurked in the background. A caterpillar lounged just behind.


I really do love happy accidents, so much so that I hope to continue missing what's right there before my eyes. Even when they don't see, my camera does!

No comments: