Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Side-Tracking

One errand almost an hour away and another half an hour toward home on a gray day means time for detours in Estill Springs, TN.

First Stop: Taylor Creek Greenway.



Too cool for bugs (55ish) and too swampy for much exploration (6 inches of rain Monday night is what I overheard on my next stop), the Greenway nevertheless provided a leisurely stroll and much-needed leg stretch. Come spring and summer, I shall return to document the Odonates, but today I come away with the sound of rushing creek water.

MOVIE

Second Stop: The Curly Willow at 101 Eastbrook Rd. in Estill Springs.

The owner "witch" is a lovely woman with web tattoos on her neck, a warm smile, a husband who calls out "Come kiss me, and I mean it!" when he's ready to go home, and a wicked sense of humor. Why haven't I come in long before now? I came away with two small gifts for Sewanee friends and a promise to return.

A break from work in order to complete much-needed tasks can be made all the more pleasant with just a couple of extra stops.

Next Time: Estill Springs Park to see this! Now I wonder where that spring is . . . hmm . . . .

No comments: