Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sometimes It's Worth the Expense

Not always, but sometimes I splurge and buy the thing of quality, ignoring the cost, despite my bent toward penny-pinching.

Once, many years ago at Macy's, I splurged on a set of china, Wedgwood's Stonehenge Midwinter, not the bone china but fine dinnerware nevertheless. The white, beautifully proportioned, and simply designed set of plates, cups and saucers, and bowls has traveled with me north and south, east and west, and I have used it and enjoyed it at every meal.

When the fourth dinner plate of the original six chipped, I despaired because I knew the china had been discontinued quite a long time ago. But, given the season's cold and dark and fog -- limiting my photowalking, I did some shopping the way I enjoy most now: online. Almost immediately I found what I was looking for: eight dinner plates and four salad plates.
Now, when I open my cupboard, it is less bare, and I am well pleased to have spent a little extra.


1 comment:

melinda said...

glad u found it! I cherish my blue willow ware that came with the house when my dad bought it.......always liked it better than our "wedding" china