Saturday, May 30, 2015

Three Wonderful Posts Made by Other People in One Day

I
Humans of New York posted this today.


Thirty years is mighty impressive.

I have been trying to post every day in this blog for almost six years. It is hard. But harder still if I miss a day.

II
A Facebook friend posted sage advice today found here. I am especially fond of these three of Amitava Kumar's principles:


  1. Write every day. This is a cliche, of course, but your will write more when you tell yourself that no day must pass without writing.
  2. Have a modest goal. Aim to write 150 words each day.
  3. Walk for ten minutes.
III
After I re-posted this article on Facebook, a former student (in 8th, 10th, and 12th grades) wrote, "I still have my journals from your class." (Twenty-three years and counting. I hope she has her words forever.)

No comments: