Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Little Lift in the Heart

"Some people make you feel better about living. Some people you meet and you feel this little lift in your heart, this Ah, because there's something in them that's brighter or lighter, something beautiful or better than you, and here's the magic: instead of feeling worse, instead of feeling why am I so odinary?, you feel just the opposite, you feel glad. In a weird way you feel better, because before this you hadn't realised or you'd forgotten human beings could shine so." -- Niall Williams, History of the Rain

I have known only a few such people, and these hands belong to one. I am well pleased she carved out lunch for me during her visit to Sewanee with her Inner Beauty Bar



Julie gifted me with light and serenity and joy. I have missed the generosity of her easy company. 

No comments: