Saturday, April 30, 2016

Things I Learned This Week

Sunday
Sewanee is home to the Aurora Damsel, the 27th species of damselfly I've identified and photographed on the Domain.

Monday
I may be the Dragonfly Whisperer of the Domain: I walked to my neighbor's yard and saw one hawking overhead; I walked out of the cashier's office at the College and saw another hawking near the Chapel; I drove home and saw a third one as soon as I stepped out of the car. (Does this happen to everyone?)

Tuesday
Strong sun turns the grimy porch deck into a shadowed cage, trapping dove and airplane.


Wednesday
Skipping a photowalk on another overcast day can be relaxing and productive.

Thursday
My niece loved my gift of a cellphone case featuring my poppy photograph.


Friday
The best laid plans will go wrong at the worst possible moment; even skillful medical personnel can find tick nymphs virtually impossible to grab and pull from flesh; the Nashville Friday rush hour apparently begins at 3:30pm.

Saturday
Ticks love the pine straw mulch in my neighbor's gardens. Four ticks in as many days are four ticks too many, even if the resulting photos are beautiful. 

No comments: