Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Burst of Creative Energy

Sunday I enjoyed a burst of creative energy. I made three books and a number of cards and printed a photograph as an experiment.

Yesterday, though, I managed only to price and label everything. Otherwise, I had no snap, partly because I spent an inordinate amount of time fretting about a poor Internet connection.

Bursts of creative energy are energy-making, not just for the mind but for the body as well. If only I knew where they came from, I'd have them more often. With writing, the act of writing encourages more of the same. With reading, the act of reading encourages more of the same. But there is something about bookbinding -- perhaps the time-consuming nature of pulling materials together, perhaps the expense, perhaps the tentative nature of what will happen next -- that makes it difficult for me to have these bursts often.

Sunday's lesson, however, invites me to the paper and boards. In fact, I think I'm headed that way now.

No comments: