Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Missed Opportunity

All day I have thought about what I missed instead of what I have.

I was supposed to drive to Birmingham to attend my great-nieces' dance recital rehearsal. When lightning and thunder woke me before 5 AM, I hesitated. After reading the forecast (which wasn't fulfilled) and after thinking about yesterday's severe weather, I made a difficult decision. I stayed home.

Instead of celebrating with family, I worked, cleaned, shopped for groceries, cooked, laundered, uploaded, and thought about E and V all day long.

I missed the rehearsal and tomorrow I will miss the recital.

But here's what I forgot: I love the girls and their mother and father so much that thinking about them should not make me sad. I could choose to celebrate my love instead.

And so, E and V, I say this: Break a leg tomorrow!

No comments: