Monday, July 27, 2009

The Turkish Map Fold

What a difference good directions make.

Over a period of two and a half days, I tried three different sets of directions to learn a surprisingly easy folded form called the Turkish map.
The first two sets were opaque at best, missing information at worst. The third set, however, was magic. The fold is so simple when properly explained that I learned it in less than 10 minutes.After spending the better part of another day preparing a new book idea that uses the fold, I reached an impasse. I will start again, but in the meantime I shall savor the fuel of thought and planning, steps of "making" often belittled and despised. I enjoy the mulling as much as I did the smell of my mother's percolating coffee.

Here are the magically good online directions, courtesy of David Rosen.

No comments: