Monday, September 17, 2012

Rainy Day Amusements

Rain today, too much for me and my camera.  Off and on, it pelted the roof, bringing black walnuts down with it in an explosive cannonade.  Inside, I worked online, and read (for work), and worked online some more.  In between bouts, though, like a wine connoisseur, I cleansed my palate: no words, just kittens and a mama cat, being kittens and their mama.

Watching them, I slide down memory to my first cat, a marmalade, and all those since.  Such pleasure in something seemingly inconsequential: the biggest of the litter leaping about, the little white several paces behind, the creamy one patting his mother so she'll turn to the side and offer a nipple (my own cat pats me like that when I am about to fall asleep, only she wants petting), the last one falling asleep with its head in the hole of a cat play toy. 



I dare you to watch and not smile, even if you're a dog person.

No comments: