Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Cure for What Ailed Me

Labor Day in North Carolina with my niece and her family provided the balm I long needed.  My niece E said sometime Sunday evening, "You're such an easy guest."  That's because all I wanted was time with four of my favorite people and time is what I got.

C and A scouted out spiders and big leaves and caterpillars for my camera.  O made me the best cocktails I've ever drunk and took us all to Shining Rock Wilderness where, despite the rain, we fished and swam and laughed at the Red-spotted Purple that landed again and again on Kiva, the family dog.  E showed me her van and place of business.  And we played games and watched The Gruffalo's Child and The Lorax and ate popcorn, and while E read Harry Potter to C, I read Miss Spider's Tea Party to A.

Better than vacation, Labor Day was homecoming.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, thanks aunt Robley, that was beautiful! your post does make the very relaxing and easy weekend seem quite eventful! hugs and kisses to you!

Unknown said...

wow, that was beautiful. Thank you. Your post made what was a relaxing and enjoyable weekend seem quite eventful. We love you and loved our time with you. Hugs and kisses, The Schultz Family