Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Note to Friends

Dear Lynne and Gayle,

Remember how much fun we had at the lake a couple of years ago?

Big fat wolf spiders scaring the you-know-what out of Gayle. Lynne calmly kayaking about. The beautiful emergent Pondhawk in the parrot feather. The water snakes, adult and babies.

When we worked our way round to the beach, I swore I had seen an insect flying saucer. At first I didn't want to tell you two what I had seen, for fear of being thought cuckoo. But finally I did. "Tiny flying nets," I said, "or flying saucer-things!"

But of course no one else glimpsed them.  

Well . . . guess what?

Today, I saw another in the exact same spot and got a photo! Hello, little Phantom Crane Fly! Come to mama Robley!


Just as weird as I said, right?

Keep your eyes peeled!

Best,
Robley

1 comment:

Gayle Forster said...

Very cool! You have gotten so good at taking your photos. I have a weird insect to show you too! I photographed it last month or so. I hope that you or someone can help me with an identification. I miss you and I wish that I had seen Lynn again before leaving. It has been awhile since I saw her. Missing Sewanee and my friends!