Friday, September 6, 2013

"Dazzling Blue"

Thanks to my niece, I now know that blue is in for brides in spring 2014. For me, blue has never been out.

Just this morning, at Lake O'Donnell, the sky and the water dazzled with saturated blue bleeding into white with the sun's rising.


Yesterday, blue dazzled in the thorax and abdomen of a Blue Dasher and in the water deepening with lowering sun.


Blue has held me in thrall for as long as I remember, back to my first floral love -- the full floppy-headed hydrangeas Mother nursed at our back door. She planted nails in the soil where they grew, and they blued -- spectacularly.

She told me once that blue was the rarest color of flower. I don't know if that's true, but I do know that with the turning into fall every year, I think of her when I feast on the blue that dazzles in sky and the water that reflects it.

No comments: