Sunday, February 8, 2015

And the Cat Came Back

10:07am Email (from F in Bell Buckle)
"Robley...a delay...12?

"I accidentally let the kitty out and we have been trying to find her...my very bad!

"A had invested a lot in that kitty already."

11:25am Skype (from Sewanee)
"Hey, babe!"

"F," I said, "If I'm to get there on time, I need to leave now."

"We're leaving now, too!"

12:35pm Cell Call (Cracker Barrel parking lot, Manchester)
"Flo here! Leave a message!"

"I don't have your cell number, but I've been here since noon. We talked an hour ago. Where are you? I'll wait another ten minutes and then leave. I'm guessing something must have happened since we spoke!"

12:45pm Conversation (Cracker Barrel parking lot, Manchester)
"Sorry! We drove to Tullahoma!" A said.


"We always meet there for the movies," F said, "so I just said, 'Go that way!'"

1 - 2:30pm Chat (over lunch in Manchester)
"How did the cat get out," I asked.

A answered: "I came downstairs, and Mom had all the chairs up on the table, the floor stripped, and she was bent over mopping, the TV on at stadium level, and the door outside wide open. She had been blowing the leaves with the loud thing, too."

"And the cat just ran out!" F added.

"So I went out in my nightgown, coffee cup in hand, and went over to the fence next to the church, calling , "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty!'" A said. "Can you imagine what people thought?"

"Nothing," I said, "it's Bell Buckle."

Blustery Sunday! Eating lunch with Robley Hood in Manchester

7:57pm Email from A
Subject: Look who came back . . .
Text: this cat came to the door and wanted inside.

9:30pm Facebook
A's post: I think this kitty is getting real comfortable around here. In two days, she will be just as comfortable in Manhattan, Kansas.


10:37pm Home
So pleased that the lost ones all found their way today.

No comments: