Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Long Walk with Lots of Bad Photos

Who cares? 

Not me.

About halfway through my Cheston meander, I ran into a book-binder-librarian-artist friend. We chatted, and I mentioned my inability to take a great snap coupled with my total lack of concern.

She mentioned an artist she had recently read about who said something like: it's not the the product that matters; it's the doing and what the doing does to the maker.

We parted, and as I climbed over the roots on Cheston's high side, I remembered Dorothy Parker's legenday comment: "I hate writing, but I love having written."

My variation is, "Sometimes I hate my pictures, but I love having taken them."

I used to meditate (TM) twice daily; now I wander and snap and mull and suspend every thought at the service of just looking and listening and feeling. Like wind-swept water, I enjoy moment becoming moment becoming moment.

No comments: