Friday, October 30, 2015

The Camera Curse

Under what freakish celestial (mis)alignment was I born?

Once again, I am visited by the dreaded Camera Curse.

This time, my Panasonic Lumix DMC-200 has failed.

And, ironically, this time, I must shoot with my third Canon G12 (the used one I bought after my first two new ones suffered the same fate of catastrophic sensor failure). I shall have to work hard to remember how to use it. Already, today, after a one-and-half-hour hunt for the elusive Blue-faced Meadowhawk (no such luck, of course), I have remembered why it's hard for me to use the camera (think poor eyesight and tiny screen).



I would beat my fists against my breast (but it would hurt) and rail against the Deity of the Camera Curse (but just who or what is that?), but instead I wait patiently for news from Square Trade. 

This time, I bought a two-year warranty.

Experience is the best teacher.

No comments: