Monday, November 10, 2008

Koozies

An aquaintance used a koozie today that got me thinking. When did I see my first koozie? (I'm not sure, but it might have been on a boat or at a lake, probably with my brother's family.) Who invented the koozie? Well, of course, the inventor must have been a beer drinker. But how did he (I assume) it was a "he" come up with the idea? (Wikipedia says Wes Cresswell invented it in 1976 -- maybe.)

I never owned one until my nephew's wedding in 1999. He and his wife gave out souvenir koozies, and while I still have mine, I've never used it. I drink beer, but I like it in a pint glass and a bit warmer than it was when still stored in ice or the fridge.

Why am I writing about koozies? Because this one koozie made me laugh. The familiar riddle about the tree and the forest is boring, but the twist isn't. I laughed.

And I needed a laugh today.

No comments: