Saturday, November 22, 2008

SACA Holiday Fair

Every year, the Sewanee Arts and Crafts Association (SACA) sponsors several arts/crafts fairs, including one in November. Today, the fair was held in Cravens Hall, just up the street. In the past, I have not participated because it would be difficult for me to create enough stock for this show and the studio tour two weeks later.When I first moved here and went to the fair, I knew no one. Today, I talked to folks at almost every booth up and down the hall. It's nice to feel that I belong and know so many of the people who, like me, enjoy making things with their hands -- from goat's milk soap and homemade bee lip balm to paintings and cards to pottery to bronze statues to German stollen bread.

The work of the hands often holds the heart.

1 comment:

llmaumus said...

That quote is beautiful. I know you made it up.Oh how I would like to express myself like that!