Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Forum Reflection

I attended the Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy recruiting forum Saturday, a stimulating event hosted by three energetic women committed to realizing a dream: a charter school promising public college prep education equal to that offered by independent schools.

I have never been as impressed with educators as I was Saturday morning.

At the end of the session, the dean of faculty gave us an assignment: create a forum response in any form and email it by February 2. I have been thinking of little else since then. This morning, I spent more than five hours brainstorming and drafting and revising and deleting and
brainstorming and . . . .

I finally noticed my own hands as I wrote. I grabbed my digital camera and went to work.

Here's what I emailed.

No comments: