Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Country Life

I received these community emails yesterday:

From an official: "Please be aware that the Spring Deer Census will be starting this evening and will continue through the end of the week. Between dusk and 11PM you may see a truck with a high powered spotlight moving slowly through your neighborhood counting critters. Please do not be in your yard with a deer suit on during this time. It will interfere with our science."

This from a community member: "So is this what the song was talking about? . . . "blinded me with science!'"

And another: "I counted 11 deer in my backyard yesterday evening. Do you want to include in your count?"

Meanwhile, the deer graze in my neighbor's yard before heading across the street to mine.

Ah, the country life.

No comments: