Thursday, April 7, 2011

Two Hundred and Forty Seven Pictures

and almost none worth saving. It's been that kind of day.

A walk around beautiful property in the valley with two interesting women and three lively dogs on a mostly cloudy day means pleasure, but not great photography. At least not for me.

One tiny moth, though, saved my day when he alit on my forefinger and sucked up sweat. He lingered for a long time, long enough for one friend to fish the smaller Canon out of my front pants pocket so I could manage a few closeups. I don't know who he is (there are too many different kinds of moths for a quick ID), but I do know his feathered antennae and tilted head cheered me immensely. And his light weight, the trust that I wouldn't harm him, his willingness to pose -- all made him a fine companion, if only for a few minutes.

The looking is all, and most of that is in memory, not megapixels.

No comments: