Saturday, May 19, 2012

Speed and Lack of It

I used to speed everywhere, like this Northern Watersnake, essing its way along the shore of Lake Cheston.

 
But I was not so graceful.  Ever.  Even as a child.

Once, in my speed, I slammed my bedroom door and broke the full-length mirror hanging on it.  This was when I was a child.  A small one.

Now, even though I sometimes work up to 50 hours a week -- all part-time -- I speed nowhere.  My day begins when I wake and ends when I'm tired.  Between bedtime hours, I work just as diligently as ever, though much of it on my own schedule, and I play at learning what I can through what my camera teaches.

Meandering suits me well.  Think of me not as a watersnake, but as a betta fish, content to hang out and take my time.

1 comment:

Joni said...

what a lovely image gliding across the water! I often run into door jambs myself, but I think it's a good reminder to slow down :-). Betta fish living sounds like really living!