Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cute as a . . .

At the Saturday market, I used to be known as "the scone lady."

I am definitely now "the bug lady."

(Or perhaps "the crazy lady.")

My friend Lynne stopped at my little table to tell me that Carlene, "the flower lady," wanted to show me something -- an inchworm decked out in flowery bits.

Just as the market was heating up with customers, I couldn't leave my scones and my money.

A few minutes later, Lynne returned with the bouquet, and sure enough ensconced (there is no other word for the caterpillar's comfortable position) in the middle of a zinnia was a flower-garlanded inchworm.


Later, as I was leaving the market, Carlene insisted I take the bouquet home so the inchworm could live with me.  So I did.


And now I think I know what it is: a camouflaged looper, a Wavy-lined Emerald who will grow up (if it survives my house) into this.

Meanwhile, I shall call it "Tatterdemalion" or "Tatty" for short.  Ain't it cute?


 P.S.  Please note that I am committed to the looper and his poop!

No comments: