Thursday, November 1, 2012

UltraFast and UltraSlo

make for UltraFascinating.

 
Again, and again, and again I repositioned myself, the leaf, the camera and shot, and shot, and shot.  This morning, more than almost any other, I longed for a fancy camera, the kind with a fancy (i.e. expensive) macro lens.  I just could not get enough of the little thing.
 

I downloaded the photos, studied each one, deleted many, saved a few, poured over beetles in Bugguide, emailed J (my entomologist friend), and finally posted a photo to Bugguide.  Eight minutes later, I had my answer: pupa of a Multicolored Asian Lady Beetle (Harmonia axyridis).  As adults, these obnoxious bugs congregate in the hundreds wherever the sun shines or the heat radiates.  I hate them: I remove them: I curse them.

But then there's this: just watch one take flight.  I dare you to look away.


No comments: