Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Road Trip!

After working in early morning, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and take a road trip.

1. Road repair outside of Stevenson provided an opportunity to take in the scenery.
2. Unclaimed Baggage success! Not only did the young woman in cameras insist that my store-credit from April be converted to money back, but I also came away with a $25 long wool coat.
3. The closed Scottsboro Depot Museum sported red: bricks, bench, railway cart, shimmering reflections. 
4. A sweet old lady at the Scottsboro-Jackson Heritage Center talked and talked and talked . . . and would have kept talking, but I had to leave. With no time to break away from her, I took few pictures. On the way home, I wondered about the absence of black faces in the photos and the lack of references to the Scottsboro Boys. Look what I found in an 1853 ledger. Too bad I didn't photograph the whole page.
levied on said neg(ro)
5. Crow Creek pumpkins!
6. Sherwood cotton.

Five hours later, home in late light. Refreshed and re-energized.

No comments: