Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Something Old, Something New

1.
April 2011
As I rounded a turn on the Cheston path, something turquoise and lime fluttered on the path. I took the photo, poorly. My first snap of an Eastern Pondhawk, barely recognizable in the blurry image. I didn't know the dragonfly, and I didn't know the camera.
2.
June 24, 2014
Another adolescent male Pondhawk flitted down in front of me, this time on the pebble path at the golf course. Now I know the dragonfly and the camera. Both are sharp -- in the image and in my mind.
3.
June 25, 2014
With a friend's new Leica, I used the superzoom to hone in on yet another adolescent Pondhawk. I didn't have to lean in and compromise the light as I must do with the Canon. The image quality is equal to that of the Canon, and maybe with practice I could learn to use a camera like this one.
4.
June 26, 2014
What next?

No comments: