Saturday, June 21, 2014

There's Love and There's Love

1.
The Blue Dasher thrills me each year, especially the males with their clown-white faces and blue eyes, striped thoraxes like clown suits worn at an angle, willingess to engage by staring and tilting, seeming as if they could to wink and say, "Hey look at me! Aren't I something?"

Yes. You are.

I love the Blue Dasher.


2.
Campers, two young women (a couple I suspect), giggle in the hammock, their clothes spread to dry on the on a tarp, their food handily packed in water-proof bags, their tent opened for airing. Encamped a step only from the well-traveled path around the Lake, they intrude on the very thing they profess to love. But they do enjoy the natural world: they want me to identify a beetle photographed on a phone and I show them an Eastern Pondhawk.

They love Lake Cheston, too.


3.
I need to try to remember this.

No comments: