Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lagniappe

Sometimes, when you're doing one thing, another thing comes your way. This happened to me recently. When I arrived to see an aquaintance, she presented me with two full, heavy shopping bags.

"Here," she said. "I've lost weight recently, and these don't fit my anymore. I thought you might want to see if there's anything you'd like."

I took the bags home and waited till I had time to savor the contents. Finally, Sunday morning, I pulled out each piece of clothing, shook it out, tried it on, and decided. I'd keep one jacket, three blouses, and one pair of pants -- most of these pieces by my favorite clothing company, FLAX.


Today, I returned the un-selected clothing and thanked her for my lagniappe. Stay on the lookout for the little something extra!

No comments: