Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Conversation Circle

(Disclaimer: I am cheating: this should have been posted yesterday. I am backdating it.)

My neighbors are extending their garden to include a beautiful new conversation circle. (I blogged about one of the stones the other day, when they were still stacked.) It is a beautiful design, created by a gifted and hard-working landscaper named Curt.

He chose the stones for their size and shape and color, matching them up in the stone yard, and then drove them long-distance to their new home. Then he and his brother prepared the earth, leveled it, poured and packed pebbles, laid the stones out, checked the design, and then secured them in place
.

I do not envy my neighbors: I thank them for their generosity. I enjoy their stones, and their conversation, and their wise choice of landscaper.

No comments: