Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dewy Morning

When I walked into the library to meet my tutee, Julie asked, "Did you just get a haircut?"

"No," I confessed. "I decided to go to the lake before coming here this morning.  I can take my shower later."

She laughed and added, "You've got your priorities right, Robley!"
Indeed.

Had I showered, I would have missed the emergence of Common Baskettails, lifting my spirits on a dark day.
Fly, Dragonfly! By Joyce Sidman

Water nymph, you have
climbed from the shallows to don
your dragon-colors.
Perched on a reed stem
all night, shedding your skin, you dry
your wings in moonlight.

Night melts into day.
Swift birds wait to snap you up.
Fly, dragonfly!  Fly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been seeing lots of dragon and damselflies lately and I always think of you. Do you have a macro lens, by the way?

Robley H said...

I don't have a DSLR, but my camera (Canon G12) has macro and telephoto. :-)