Monday, April 23, 2012

So Good to Me

The Mamas and Papas sang two lines that have it just right for me:

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.



Oh, I love Monday.  In fact, it may be my favorite day of the week.

While others rise to an alarm, shower and dress for work, and then commute, I wake when my body wakes, breakfast in my jammies at the computer (reading email, Facebook, The New York Times, NOLA.com), do some work, and then when I feel like it head outside for a walk.

Today, that meant skipping Lake Cheston (too windy and too cold for dragonflies, or so I thought) for a stroll to Cedar Hollow Lake through woods splatted with spotty sunlight, snaking through shaking leaves.

A catalog of companions makes me sing even now: black cricket; female Blue Corporal; female Common Whitetail; owl; jaunty black cricket; green nymph hunkered beneath blackberry blossom stamens; and countless songbirds.

Return, bath, lunch, a fascinating workshop, more paper reviews and emails, and finally downloading and viewing photographs before online tutoring.

Oh, and I'm still in my jammies.

1 comment:

Joni said...

I like your Monday :-).