Sunday, June 3, 2012

Good Luck

I'm not an especially lucky person.  I've won two things in my life: a department store drawing when I was six and some soap on Cudzoo Farm's Freebie Friday this spring.  Neither made me rich.

But looking at what's there, just waiting to be seen, makes me a millionaire every day. 

This morning, I got my season's first happy photo of a mature Blue Dasher and a close-up of the face of a Citrine Forktail.  I also saw and snapped American Bluets, Swamp Spreadwings, Eastern Pondhawks, Slaty Skimmers, Widow Skimmers, Fragile Forktails, Banded Pennants, Calico Pennants, a Black Saddlebags, two Great Blue Skimmers, and a mystery darner.


Then this afternoon, I ventured out to Lake Dimmick, and as soon as I walked into the overflow area, I found a Comet Darner, the first of several as it happened.  I also saw and shot many of the same odes from my morning stroll as well as one Eastern Amberwing, a beautiful teneral female Lilypad Forktail, and a new species -- the lovely Little Blue Dragonlet.


Honestly, just let me walk into a space with water and greenery and I'll find something spectacular, often something I've not seen before.


Maybe I should start thinking myself lucky!

No comments: