Thursday, December 6, 2012

Out with the Old

and in with the new.

I think.

What is it about shoes that makes choosing them so difficult?  I have yet to put one on that feels "comfortable" or "right."  Even as a child, I remember them flopping or pinching, sliding or slipping.

Take these two shoes: same manufacturer, same size, though two different styles.  A generic athletic shoe -- well worn and well worn through on the left, and on the right the new hiking shoe.

Dilemma: I can't decide if the new shoe fits.  

I have measured my largest foot (the left, hence the two left shoes in this photograph) and the chart says the size is right.  But either my eyes deceive me or the worn shoe has lifted its toe (as my shoes are wont to do), thus shortening it, or these shoes do not measure the same length despite their same size.

Resolution?

None, so far.  I shall have to wait for my feet to tell me what to do.

A bah humbug beginning to the season, indeed.

No comments: