Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oops!

Yesterday, I read a charming post in The Everywhereist about Koppa's Fulbeli Deli in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. While the writer's take on the deli (and everything else she posts) is witty, it's the deli's signs that made me laugh aloud: "Diary" appears above the dairy section and "Frezon Food" above the fozen food area.

Today, stir-crazy from ten days of rain and fog, I decided to browse the textbook section of the college bookstore. The Easter semester has just started at the college, so I thought I'd see what books have been ordered for art, English, and history. After noting Dennis Covington's Salvation on Sand Mountain for one history course (striking me as an especially interesting choice), I turned around and saw this:



I stifled my laughter until I got in the car, and then I exploded. Whereas the signs and decor at Koppa's appear to be intentional, I'm not so sure about this error. At a college with a renowned tradition in literature and composition, such an oversight (I must admit) amuses me.

Or maybe the fog has just made me a bit . . . nah . . . I don't think so!

No comments: