Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Twelve-step Program

My name is Robley. I am an outdoor photography addict.

1.  I admit that I am powerless over natural beauty and my camera.


2.  I have come to believe that I do not wish to surrender to a Power greater than I, unless that Power is the compulsion to pay daily witness to the beautiful things of this world.


3.  I have made a decision to turn my will and time over to the muse of daily outdoor photography.


4.  I have made a fearless and searching creative impulsivity inventory of myself.


5.  I have admitted to my muse, myself, and others the limits of my abilities.


6.  I am entirely ready to have experience and experimentation remove these imperfections of my skill.


7.  I humbly ask my viewers to forgive my shortcomings.


8.  I hereby testify that I have harmed no animal or plant in my photographic pursuits.


9.  I have, on the other hand, rescued a number of Odonates from certain death by spider.


10.  I have continued to take personal inventory of my photographs and their strengths and weaknesses.


11.  I have sought through wandering, photographing, and contemplating the myriad wonders of ongoing creation.


12.  Having a spiritual awakening as a result of these practices, I testify to others that such daily miracles lie everywhere and deserve attention.

No comments: