Saturday, November 9, 2013

Of Self-indulgence

Some people buy expensive shoes, or eat at fancy restaurants, or travel to exotic ports. On occasion, I surrender to an expensive fancy, too, and when I do, it means a virtual trip to Upton Tea, purveyor of over 400 imported teas and creator of a charming and informative quarterly newsletter.

I begin the same way on each visit: I click the link to black tea, then blends (breakfast). Should this sound easy, note that there are 17 choices in this section alone. I look for key words: full bodied, best with milk, hearty, brisk. I find one, order, and wait.

The day my tea arrives in the personalized silver bag brings Christmas in a cup. I never know what surprises Santa Upton will deliver. This time, the Scottish Breakfast Blend fulfills the promise of its description: "a round, full flavor, malty notes, and brisk character."


The only problem is this: how to make it last.


1 comment:

Lily Ice said...

Drink really teeny tiny cups? I make myself make a batch of scones before diving into my specialty coffees, and it helps. A bit. Ok, no it doesn't, all that really happens is that now I have cinnamon scones to go along with my coffee, but it's the thought that counts. ;D