Friday, February 28, 2014

By This Time Last Year

my own bluebird had been knock, knock, knockin' on the door and windows, asserting his domain in preparation of moving his Mrs. into the bluebird box. Two months after beginning the long preparations, Mr. and Mrs. Bluebird disappeared, thanks to a neighbor's cat.

I still haven't quite gotten over their absence. I had so wanted another crop of babies like the ones I had enjoyed the year before.

All is not lost, however.

A bluebird (whether the same or different I can't know) and his female companion have been feeding in the front yard for about a month now. They're feeling right at home, evidenced by the poop dribbled down my front passenger door.

Here he is, early morning, doing what he does best: hunting. The good news is that the neighbor's cat has been spoiled because of the cold winter. I think she's an indoor kitty now, so this kitty-loving woman can enjoy her outdoor birds.


Fingers crossed for bluebirds and blue skies ahead!

No comments: