Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fraidy Kittens: Day 4

Two Giant Steps Forward, One Small step Back

I. Morning.

We all rise together, stretch, visit our respective lavatories, and gather in the living room, on the floor, on the kitty throw. Clio surrenders herself to my hand, face, hair, reclines across one hand, pushing into the other, purring. Little Clue, stands at the corner of the throw, curious, cautious, but finally sneaks over, sniffs from my head to toes and back and lets herself enjoy a moment of stroking, before realizing she's still a fraidy cat.

II. Repetition

Of the above several times over the day, along with reading, grooming, enjoying the light.


III. Late Afternoon

Someone left a little package under the sheets and towel thrown carelessly in a corner of the bedroom, ready for the wash. Happily, my brother's gift of pet Febreze arrived earlier. I have tested it, and it is good. One kitty is bad, and I think I know who, right, Clue?

1 comment:

melinda said...

yea much nicer to poop on towels than scratchy litter, lol