Friday, February 14, 2014

Fraidy Kittens: Day 7

She Who Waits

That's me. 

I'm still waiting.

When I come home, Clio races to greet me, lets me pick her up, and give her some love, and she purrs. She rubs my face, closes her eyes, proves she's a kitty.

Doodlebug (Clue) talks, and talks, and talks, and passes back and forth below us. She'll finally jump up on the back of couch and let me pet her -- a bit. But if I pick her up (and I do try, of course), she squirms. Should I try to plant a kiss, she hisses.

But when I'm on the sofa and tempt them with a flingy toy, I can pet either one and receive appropriate responses.

This too shall pass.

After all Clio decided to lie on her cat mat in the study this morning while I worked.


I shall be rewarded, and in the meantime I am content to keep waiting.

2 comments:

melinda said...

and then it will be really special

melinda said...

and then it will be really special